Saturday, September 09, 2006



So, yesterday, the kids started looking through a catalog that came in the mail and they decided that they should get just about everything in it. I laughed and told them to put it on their list for Santa. A couple of minutes later I checked to see what they were up to and lo and behold they were 'making' a list for you know who! Cracked me up and made me a little worried...I think Christmas gift giving might be a little more challenging this year!

Then again, Santa doesn't usually bring presents for little boys who put kittens in garbage cans. All metal garbage can that is. Poor little Mickey was "hidden" during a game of hide and seek (I didn't realize the cat was also playing this game). However, Dalton evidently forgot to find her. After we left and came home - 4 HOURS later - I heard a faint little "meoooow" coming from the trash can (that and our other cat was just sitting there staring at the can). I opened it up and this poor kitty was sweating from top to bottom. I can't even tell you how hot it was in that can. There was even condensation on the underside of the lid (it is one of those stainless steel cans with a foot lever). I wasn't sure if the poor thing was going to make it. I asked Braxton who put Mickey in the garbage - he smiled and said Dalton. I yelled to Dalton to come here and find Mickey. That little stinker went right to the can and looked quite surprised when Mickey wasn't there. I tried to explain to him that he absolutely could not hide Mickey especially in the garbage can...he felt bad and moped around for awhile, but got over it. Mickey avoided him for about an hour and now they "play" just like old pals. I am amazed at how much that little kitty is willing to put up with!

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jill LaFaye said...

Are the boys feeling better? I missed you Friday night at Scrap It!. Oh and Mickey in the trash can..all I can say is they are 100% boys. Hee Hee
Poor little Mickey!!!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

Well let them keep making their lists, they will change before Christmas anyways. And who knows, they just might pick stuff that Santa already bought. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home