Monday, August 28, 2006


Ahhhh.....the wedding suit!
I promised myself a looong time ago, that I would not be one of those 'mothering wives'. So, when Mike told me two weeks before the wedding that he would be appropriately dressed for the occasion, I said OK. He said he had it covered. I believed him.
Fast forward to the day of the wedding. I had my hair done (big time flashback to my Prom updo - so much fun :)
at 9am. On my way back to the hotel Mike tells me that the kids are with my parents and he is shopping - for a suit. He told me he had it covered, but at this point I couldn't help but get involved. We did some serious speed-shopping - one new suit, a new shirt, a new tie and a new pair of shoes(he thought he would wear reddish-brown shoes with a black suit and blue shirt - don't think so). After begging the local tailor to hem his new suit pants, we were off to the hotel so that I could get ready and we could get the boys down for a nap. A little while later he left to pick up his pants and he arrived back at the hotel just as I was walking out the door to go have pictures taken. I left and he had just enough time to get the kids bathed and dressed and get them to the wedding on time!
So, I have to pause for a minute and say that after all of that, he did look damn good in his new threads!

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Hollye said...

I think our husbands are related. This sounds like something my husband would do. Why must they torture us like that??

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

whoa! Look at that hansome man!

My poor husband wouldn't look like that I'm afraid. Some of the things he puts together frightens me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home