Thursday, September 25, 2008

Today was the big day - the test, if you will. All of the grandparents are gone and Mike was in Chattanooga. I was on my own to juggle the three little ones...
All and all, it was a successful morning. However, it wasn't without its moments...
Got the twins dressed just to realize that Braxton's zipper was broken and Dalton's shorts were missing a button. Seriously, didn't we just buy these? And they came from Belk's no less - not like I can do my typical 'cheap Walmart' rant and rave.
OK, no problem - just get new shorts. Easier said than done seeing as all of the uniform shorts are in the laundry. Plan B: Dig through the dirty clothes and pick out the shorts with the least amount of dirt/food/marker/unknown substances on it and give them the old 'brush-off' treatment. Of course, by brushing them off they magically become fresh and clean again.
Mini crisis solved - on to the next step in our morning routine. We are sailing through and I am thanking my lucky stars that the little one is sound asleep - make that WAS sound asleep. He has definitely 'found his voice' and he wanted to be sure that he conveyed just how hungry he was. Quick once-over of the twins' teeth and quick warm-up of some milk for the baby. No time to nurse seeing as we have a total of 3 minutes before take-off. Give the baby his appetizer, tell the kids to put their shoes on for the 8th time, grab the backpacks and everybody into the car (why do the boys think that when we are in a hurry they should aimlessly wander around the front yard looking at the flowers and the patches of grass?).
Phew. My reward is just around the corner - drop these boys off, nurse the baby and curl up in bed to try and make-up for the sleep I did not get the night before. I am getting excited when the boys ask me if Baby Treyton ate yogurt for breakfast. Oh no. I know what that means. Sure enough, he was covered from head to almost toe in massive spit-up. So, in case you don't remember, I am sending one kid to school in dirty shorts, the baby is covered in yucky goo, I haven't taken a shower (or even bothered to rub yesterday's mascara-turned-under-eye-smudge off of my face) and we are about 2 minutes from being tardy.
OK - got to school on time, kissed the kids good-bye, managed to avoid making eye-contact with their gym teacher who is also our neighbor and got the heck out of there before I could look like anymore of a white trash mama. Got home, fed the youngen, laid him down and curled up in our big, comfy, king-sized bed - ahhhhhh. This was good. I fell asleep quickly only to be roused from slumber by my cell phone. "Hello, Mrs. Beckman?" Oh nooooooo. I know that voice. It is their teacher. Ugh. Two kids, two pairs of wet shorts. Something about a puddle on the playground and an aiming accident in the bathroom. Are you kidding?? Jump in the shower, throw the baby in the carseat and off to school I go to bring clean clothes. At this point, going home and back to sleep is no longer an option. So I do the next best thing - The little guy and I went for some retail therapy. He got some new outfits and I got a pair of jeans that don't have a stretchy panel in the front!
Tomorrow is yet another day ;) !


At 9:24 PM, Blogger Jann Gray said...

Girl -- you are the QUEEEN of the JUGGLING act! I have to see you....SOON!


Post a Comment

<< Home